Elopement Planning Guide for Maroon Bells, Colorado
Eloping to Maroon Bells, Colorado, is a dream come true for adventurous couples seeking a stress-free and breathtakingly beautiful setting for their intimate wedding. Nestled within the Rocky Mountains, Maroon Bells is a pristine natural wonder that offers a picturesque backdrop for your special day. In this elopement planning guide, we will explore why Maroon Bells is an ideal location for your elopement, what to expect in terms of scenery and facilities, when to tie the knot, how to obtain a marriage license, transportation options, honeymoon ideas, and dining options for your post-elopement celebration.
Why Maroon Bells, Colorado?
Maroon Bells is often referred to as the “most photographed mountains in North America” for good reason. The twin peaks of Maroon Peak and North Maroon Peak create a stunning, reflective image in the Maroon Lake, making it one of the most iconic natural landscapes in Colorado. Here’s why Maroon Bells is perfect for your elopement:
- Jaw-dropping scenery: The maroon-colored peaks, crystal-clear lakes, and lush alpine meadows provide an unparalleled backdrop for your ceremony and photos.
- Serenity and intimacy: Maroon Bells offers seclusion and tranquility, making it an ideal location for couples looking for an intimate and private wedding experience.
- Adventure opportunities: Beyond the wedding, Maroon Bells offers excellent hiking, fishing, and wildlife viewing, making it an ideal destination for adventurous couples.
What Maroon Bells Looks Like:
Maroon Bells features the iconic Maroon Lake, surrounded by dense pine forests and the dramatic maroon-colored peaks. In summer and early fall, alpine meadows burst with wildflowers, and in autumn, the aspen trees turn a vibrant golden hue, offering a stunning backdrop for your ceremony and photos.
Maroon Bells is situated in the White River National Forest, approximately 10 miles west of Aspen, Colorado. The nearest major airport is Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE), which is around 3 miles from Aspen.
Best Time of Year to Elope:
For the most favorable weather and breathtaking scenery, consider eloping between June and October. Spring offers vibrant blooms, while winter provides a snowy wonderland for a unique elopement experience.
Facilities at Maroon Bells:
The Maroon Lake Amphitheatre is a popular ceremony location. Restrooms and picnic facilities are available at the Maroon Lake area. Keep in mind that there are no overnight accommodations at Maroon Bells; couples typically stay in nearby Aspen.
Getting to Maroon Bells and Transportation Options
To access Maroon Bells, you’ll travel via the Maroon Creek Road. During the summer and fall, personal vehicles are not allowed between 8 AM and 5 PM. Instead, you must take the Maroon Bells Shuttle from Aspen Highlands to reach the destination. Parking is available at Aspen Highlands, where you can purchase shuttle tickets.
Obtaining a Marriage License in Colorado
To get married in Colorado, both parties must appear in person at a County Clerk’s Office. You don’t need to be a Colorado resident, and there’s no waiting period. Be sure to bring valid identification and the required fee.
Here is a list of honeymoon locations close to Maroon Bells, Colorado, that would be great to visit after your elopement:
- Aspen, Colorado – Explore the charming mountain town of Aspen, known for its upscale dining, shopping, and outdoor activities. Whether you want to relax at a luxury resort or enjoy adventurous hikes and skiing, Aspen has it all.
- Snowmass, Colorado – Located just a short drive from Maroon Bells, Snowmass offers a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy hiking, mountain biking, or take a scenic gondola ride to the summit for stunning views.
- Glenwood Springs, Colorado – Relax in the famous Glenwood Hot Springs or visit the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park for thrilling rides and cave tours. It’s a great spot for a romantic getaway.
- Vail, Colorado – Known for its world-class skiing and snowboarding, Vail is a year-round destination offering upscale resorts, fine dining, and outdoor adventures in the nearby Gore Range.
- Breckenridge, Colorado – A historic mining town turned mountain resort, Breckenridge offers a charming atmosphere, outdoor activities, and a vibrant arts scene.
- Crested Butte, Colorado – Known as the “Wildflower Capital of Colorado,” Crested Butte is a picturesque mountain town offering hiking, mountain biking, and a vibrant arts community.
- Telluride, Colorado – A hidden gem in the San Juan Mountains, Telluride boasts stunning scenery, a charming downtown, and world-class skiing in the winter months.
- Ouray, Colorado – Also known as the “Switzerland of America,” Ouray is famous for its hot springs, ice climbing in the winter, and beautiful hikes in the summer.
- Hotchkiss and Paonia, Colorado – These neighboring towns in the North Fork Valley are known for their wineries, orchards, and scenic drives. It’s a perfect spot for a romantic wine country getaway.
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park – For a more secluded and nature-focused honeymoon, consider staying near the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. The dramatic canyons and starry night skies provide a unique setting for romance.
- Grand Junction, Colorado – Located on the western slope of Colorado, Grand Junction offers outdoor activities like hiking, biking, and wine tasting in the nearby Colorado National Monument.
- Rifle, Colorado – Explore the Rifle Falls State Park and Rifle Gap State Park for outdoor adventures and beautiful natural scenery.
These honeymoon destinations near Maroon Bells offer a mix of outdoor adventure, relaxation, and romantic experiences, ensuring a memorable start to your married life. Whether you prefer a cozy mountain town or an outdoor paradise, you’ll find the perfect spot to celebrate your love.
Dining and Celebration Options
Aspen boasts a variety of excellent restaurants for your post-elopement celebration. Whether you’re craving fine dining or a cozy bistro atmosphere, Aspen has something to suit your tastes and make your celebration special.
Here’s a list of some great restaurants in Aspen:
- The Little Nell – A luxury dining experience offering contemporary American cuisine, an extensive wine list, and beautiful mountain views.
- Element 47 – Located at The Little Nell, Element 47 features modern American cuisine with a focus on locally sourced ingredients and an impressive wine cellar.
- Matsuhisa – A renowned Japanese restaurant known for its exceptional sushi and innovative fusion dishes.
- Cache Cache – A cozy French-American bistro with an excellent wine selection and a romantic atmosphere.
- Pine Creek Cookhouse – Located in the nearby Castle Creek Valley, this rustic and charming restaurant offers gourmet mountain cuisine with stunning mountain views.
- White House Tavern – A popular spot for casual yet delicious American fare, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
- Campo de Fiori – An Italian restaurant known for its cozy ambiance, fresh pasta, and wood-fired pizza.
- Jimmy’s An American Restaurant & Bar – A classic American steakhouse offering a range of dishes, from steaks to seafood, in a lively setting.
- Mawa’s Kitchen – A restaurant that focuses on farm-to-table cuisine with a global twist, perfect for those seeking unique flavors.
- L’Hostaria – A charming Italian restaurant featuring homemade pasta, a wide selection of wines, and a welcoming atmosphere.
- Meat & Cheese Restaurant and Farm Shop – A great place for artisanal cheeses, charcuterie, and sandwiches, with a cozy and relaxed vibe.
- Ajax Tavern – Located at the base of Aspen Mountain, Ajax Tavern offers upscale American comfort food and a sunny outdoor patio.
- Grey Lady – A seafood-focused restaurant known for its fresh oysters, lobster rolls, and New England-inspired dishes.
- Ellina – A modern Italian restaurant with a chic ambiance and a menu featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- The Wild Fig – A Mediterranean-inspired restaurant offering dishes like mezze platters, lamb chops, and seafood paella.
Eloping to Maroon Bells, Colorado, is a remarkable choice for adventurous couples seeking natural beauty, intimacy, and a stress-free wedding experience. With stunning scenery, various facilities, and plenty of adventure opportunities, Maroon Bells offers the perfect backdrop for your special day. From obtaining a marriage license to planning your post-elopement celebration, Maroon Bells has it all. Create lasting memories against the backdrop of these iconic mountains and start your journey of love in one of Colorado’s most enchanting destinations.
For couples seeking an elopement experience that is truly hassle-free and tailored to their desires, Epic Elopement offers an unparalleled level of expertise, creativity, and attention to detail. Planning an elopement should be a joyful and memorable experience, and Epic Elopements is committed to making that a reality. Planning an elopement can be overwhelming, especially when navigating the logistics of a remote location like Maroon Bells. Epic Elopement takes the stress out of the equation by handling all the intricate details – from securing permits and coordinating vendors to recommending the best local accommodations. This allows you to focus on what truly matters: celebrating your love.
Every couple is unique, and Epic Elopement understands the importance of personalization. They work closely with you to understand your preferences, whether it’s the ideal season for your elopement, the type of ceremony you desire, or any special requests you may have. Your elopement will be a reflection of your love story and your personalities.
Vendor Network: Epic Elopement has cultivated strong relationships with local vendors, ensuring you have access to the best photographers, florists, officiants, and more.
On your elopement day, you deserve peace of mind. Epic Elopement handles all the logistics, so you can fully immerse yourselves in the moment without worrying about last-minute details. Whether it’s securing the perfect spot for your ceremony or ensuring all necessary permits are in order, they’ve got it covered.
Photography by : Travel for 2 Photography
In the heart of the vibrant Las Vegas Strip, where lights, excitement, and romance blend s15 February, 2024
James and Darian’s elopement at Red Rock Canyon Overlook is a testament to the power29 January, 2024
Sunset Cliffs, located in the coastal neighborhood of Point Loma in San Diego, is a hidden12 January, 2024
Eloping to Maroon Bells, Colorado, is a dream come true for adventurous couples seeking a19 December, 2023